- Rhymes: -ɛks
- To lexically analyze a computer program's source code, prior to parsing it.
Lex or LEX may be:
- Lex programming tool, in computer programming, a lexical-analyzer generator
- The Latin word for the written law (see Translating "law" to other European languages)
- An abbreviation of the automobile company Lexus
- Short for the name Alexander
- Lex Petrolea, the best practices of the industry of the petroleum. That’s a “lex mercatoria” at petroleum industry. Lex Petrolea is a common law. In some countries is a secondary source of right that gives a transnational aspect to the rules of the industry of the petroleum.
- Lex Records, an independent record label
- The algebraic syntax developed by Michael Brame
- The trading name of Lex Vehicle Leasing
- A synonym for small encyclopedia like Small-Lex
- A single from the Ratatat album Classics
- Lex Advertising Agency
- Lex (dog), wounded war dog from Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Lex Luthor, a fictional supervillain in DC Comics
- Lex, a fictional character from The Tribe (1999-2003) played by Caleb Ross.
- Lex (Fire Emblem), a character from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- Lex Luger, long-time professional wrestler
- Lex Barker
- Lex (photographer), working name of Beth Castetter, a noteworthy photographer and artist
LEX may also be:
Lex may refer to:
- The Lex Column of the Financial Times
lex in German: Lex (Begriffsklärung)
lex in Esperanto: LEX
lex in Italian: LEX
lex in Dutch: Lex
lex in Polish: Lex